Boat insurance in West Chester, PA can cover different things, depending on the type of policy you have, but there are a few standard protections that it may include. An agent at Keystone State Insurance can help you find the right policy to get the coverage you need for your boat.
Collision coverage will include the replacement or repair of your boat if you get into an accident. Comprehensive coverage will help provide protection for your boat if it is damaged in an incident other than an accident. This can be if it is stolen or vandalized. Trailers may or may not be covered, depending on the policy. Clarify with your insurance agent about replacement cost versus actual cash value. Replacement cost will reimburse you to repair it back to its original condition, while actual cash value will take the current market value into consideration.
Property damage liability will cover any damages you cause to someone else’s dock, boat, or other property. Bodily injury liability will cover any injury that is caused while using your boat. This coverage will include payments for lost income, legal expenses, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
Additional coverage options include insurance for medical payments, fishing equipment, personal property, oil spills, or any injuries and damages that could be caused by boaters who don’t have enough insurance or aren’t insured. There is also roadside assistance for boats that can help pay for onsite labor to tow your boat or trailer to a nearby qualified repair shop. Personal effects insurance will help cover replacement costs for any damage to personal property that is on board. There are some policies that can bring some of these protections together. If you take your boat on a weekend or short fishing trips, you will want coverage for fishing equipment, personal effects, and towing.
Contact Keystone State Insurance, serving West Chester, PA, to get a quote on boat insurance.
No matter what kinds of interests you have in your home, business, and other aspects of life, you want to make sure the investments you have made in these things are properly protected. Fortunately, there are insurance products that can help you with that. One of those products is umbrella insurance, which offers an overarching option to add additional coverage beyond what would typically be provided with other policies. By working with Keystone State Insurance in West Chester, PA, you can get information on umbrella insurance and how it can help you have a more relaxed attitude and protection from accidents and incidents.
Umbrella insurance works for protection the way an actual umbrella works for rain. It goes over the top of the things you already have and adds another layer of protection to your policies. If you have an auto policy with certain coverage limits, for example, and a claim exceeds those limits, your umbrella policy may protect you. But make sure you talk with your agent about what is specifically covered and do not just assume that you are protected because you have umbrella coverage. Your peace of mind is important, but it should be genuine and based on the coverage options you actually have for proper protection.
Reach out to us today at Keystone State Insurance, and see how we can help protect your life in or around West Chester, PA. Many different policy options could work for you, and you need an agent that can explore them and give you the proper options to choose from. Contact our offices to get a quote and learn more about the process. We take pride in serving residence all over the state of Pennsylvania.
Talking about life insurance with a senior may not be easy. The chances are that your loved one will be apprehensive or even assume that you are thinking of their demise. You have to approach the issue delicately to avoid upsetting them. In this light, this piece will give you simple tips that you can follow to discuss life insurance with your senior loved ones and convince them to take a policy.
Address the Benefits of Life Insurance
What better way to help your loved one warm up to the idea of getting life insurance than by talking about its benefits? Let them know that the policy comes with various benefits depending on the type of coverage one has. For example, Keystone State Insurance in West Chester, PA offers two kinds of life insurance: term life and permanent life insurance. Both options have great benefits that accrue to the policyholder and their beneficiaries.
Understand the Subject Matter
Before approaching your loved one, make sure that you have basic information regarding life insurance. Understand the difference between term and permanent life insurance. With this understanding, you can explain the policies better to your senior and even help them choose a plan that will generate maximum benefits for them and their beneficiaries.
Be Time Sensitive
Finally, carefully choose when to discuss life insurance with your senior loved one. Don’t talk to them about the policy when they are sick or in hospital. This can cause unnecessary anxiety and cause them to think that they are about to die. Choose a time when your loved one is relaxed and in perfect health so that they can positively take in the issue.
Life insurance comes with many benefits for the policyholder and their beneficiaries. Contact Keystone State Insurance in West Chester, PA today so that you can gain more information on life insurance.
Keystone State Insurance in West Chester, PA can advise you on what you need to stay protected while operating a boat in Pennsylvania. While the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission does not require a boating license, you need, in most circumstances, to carry a card which signifies that you have a Boater Safety Education Certificate if born after January 1, 1982. This approved boater safety course certifies yourself to operate a boat.
The card, while not a license, has the same force of a license. The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission officers enforce the requirements and will arrest those boaters who are legally under the influence of alcohol.
Recreational boating is a leisure activity where over 87 million U.S. adults participate. When buying boat insurance, certain things must be taken into consideration:
How is the boat used?
- Pulling water skiers at high speeds?
- Will there be passengers in the boat at high speeds?
- Adequate liability coverage would be necessary for injuries.
Do you need a separate policy?
- Homeowners insurance is not enough for a boat stored off of the home’s property.
- Proof of separate insurance is needed if the boat is stored over the winter and it is required by the marina.
Emergency towing needed?
- Recommended if you boat on large lakes
- Towing can be expensive without insurance
Need special equipment on the boat?
- Downriggers and electronic equipment can be covered by a boat policy
- Insurance can cover other accessories on the boat
Susceptible to animal damage?
- Raccoons, rodents, cockroaches, weevils
- Can protect your vessel while it is being stored from animals
Keystone State Insurance will find a policy to protect you and your boat. Please call for more information and a quote.
As a homeowner, you need homeowners insurance in the event that something happens, like your house burns down. But did you know that a typical home insurance policy in West Chester, PA doesn’t cover everything that could occur on your property? Because of this, most insurance agents recommend purchasing umbrella insurance on top of your homeowner’s insurance. Why? Read on to find out.
What is Umbrella Insurance?
Umbrella insurance is an add-on to your homeowner’s insurance as extra liability insurance. Its purpose is to protect your asset in the event of a major claim that your regular homeowner’s insurance does not cover. It can also be added on to numerous other policies such as auto insurance.
What is Umbrella Insurance used for?
The future is always uncertain. It’s impossible to predict that something could happen on your property that could cause you to lose your house. But unexpected events do happen, and that’s how umbrella insurance can help. Here are three examples of what this insurance may hypothetically cover:
- Your dog bites someone on your property, other than an intruder, and causes serious injury to the individual.
- You’re hosting a party at your house, and you’ve invited friends and family when suddenly, the date of a friend tumbles down the stairs and sustains a head injury. Since this happened on your property, you are liable for the major medical claim filed. This is when your umbrella insurance kicks in and protects your asset against the claim.
- Some neighborhood children are playing in your backyard. They’re climbing a tree when suddenly one of the children falls to the ground and breaks an arm. The parents decide to sue.
As you can see, umbrella insurance is a smart protection to have. To learn more about purchasing this type of insurance for your West Chester, PA home, contact the team at Keystone State Insurance. Our agents are reputable, knowledgeable, and will answer all of your questions. To have your questions answered and to get a quote, contact Keystone State Insurance today.
Life insurance: it can be a scary topic. It’s hard to know when you need life insurance, and it can feel like an unnecessary expense. Consider the following questions when deciding whether it’s time for you to purchase a life insurance policy. Make sure you stop in at Keystone State Insurance in West Chester, PA to talk with an agent about any additional questions you might have.
- As uncomfortable as it may be, think about who will be responsible for making arrangements after you pass away. Is the responsible party someone who is independently wealthy? Is the responsible party someone who might struggle with the thousands of dollars a funeral and burial can cost? By purchasing a life insurance policy, you’re alleviating your loved ones of the financial burden that sadly accompanies death.
- Do you have children? If so, a solid life insurance policy will ensure that your children are financially taken care of after you pass.
- Are you independently wealthy? If so, estate planning may make more sense for you than a life insurance policy. Talk with a qualified estate planner to discuss which option makes the most sense for your personal financial situation. This isn’t the time to be humble- you want to make sure that your hard earned money goes exactly where you want it to go after you’re gone.
Life insurance does not have to be stressful or expensive. It’s important that you talk with a qualified agent who can help you make life insurance decisions that make sense for you and your family. Stop in at Keystone State Insurance in West Chester, PA to talk with an agent who will understand your needs.
Commercial insurance policies are reasonably inclusive and do tend to cover most of the possible eventualities that you will have to deal with through the life of your business. They can get pricey, however, and they can even become quite confusing and require you to include coverages you may not need. For those in the West Chester, PA area, the agents with Keystone State Insurance can help you find the perfect policy for all your insurance needs.
For those businesses that do have a commercial policy, you can benefit from adding additional coverage that is a bit more specific with the use of an umbrella policy. An umbrella policy is going to allow you to add extended coverage to different parts of your policy so that you can get max coverage without having to add more to your commercial policy which can ultimately end up raising your premiums.
Businesses can benefit from an umbrella policy in some instances. If you are in need of a full commercial policy, you are going to want to go ahead and make sure you talk to an insurance agent to get the information you need on which policies you should look into. An umbrella policy covers you when your limits have been reached on your standard insurance policy. It will protect you from liability and lawsuits that surpass your financial capabilities.
For those in the West Chester, PA area and in the surrounding states, the agents with Keystone State Insurance can help you get your policy tailored to your specific needs. Reach out to our offices to learn how to get started.
Basically, there is "term" and "whole" life insurance. Term insurance is for a specific amount of time, while "whole" insurance has a cash value after a certain amount of time and lasts until your death. Insurance agencies realize there are a lot of different situations out there, so they have designed different variation of life insurance. Keystone State Insurance in West Chester, PA can help you determine the best policy for your situation.
Some of the other types of life insurance are:
- Permanent Life that has no time limit, and lasts as long as the person lives. It will likely have a cash value as well.
- High-risk insurance is available for people with cancer, for instance, or people in high-risk jobs like police or firefighting.
- A universal life insurance policy is like a whole life policy in that it has a cash benefit and can be a permanent policy. One big difference is you have access to the cash value, and you can borrow against it. You may also choose how much goes to the death benefit and how much goes to the cash value.
- Variable life is another insurance that has a cash value and can be permanent. It allows the policyholder to make investments, and this policy is sort of an investment as well as an insurance policy.
- A survivorship policy can be set up for a couple, and that can be paid on a first to die, or last to die, basis. These cost less than two individual policies would.
- Final expense insurance is often called burial insurance and only pays the funeral expenses.
Check with Keystone State Insurance in West Chester, PA to find out how you can get the life insurance policy that best fits your needs in Pennsylvania and Delaware.