Keystone State Insurance

929 S High St #20B
West Chester, PA 19382

Does My Collision Coverage Cover Damages Caused by A Bicycle?

Your car doesn’t have to be moving for it to be involved in an accident. Residents in the West Chester, PA area, and the surrounding communities know that damage can be caused by their car being hit by shopping carts or bicycles while they are parked. The agents at Keystone State Insurance are available to talk our clients through these types of incidents to ensure their vehicles are repaired as quickly as possible. 

Collision vs. Comprehensive

Collision insurance covers damages that are caused if your vehicle is in an accident. Comprehensive insurance covers all types of other damage including vandalism, scratches and dents, and broken windshields. If your car is parked and is struck by another object, such as a bicycle, tree limb, or shopping cart, it isn’t considered a collision. This type of damage would be covered by a comprehensive auto insurance policy.

Should I File A Police Report?

In most cases, if you want your insurance company to cover the damage to your vehicle, you should file a police report to have the damage documented. If you are unsure of what to do once you’ve discovered the damage, call your insurance agent and ask what your policy requires regarding documentation and support. 

The agents of Keystone State Insurance serve residents who live in the West Chester, PA area. If your car has been hit by a bicycle and has any substantial damage, call your agent today and find out what your first step should be. We can guide you through the policy so you can get the repairs you need in Pennsylvania and Delaware.

Insurance Blog

Servicing States

  • Pennsylvania
  • Delaware